Jump to Main Content
- DE REZENDE, ADAUTON VILELA, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Experimental agriculture 2017 v.53 no.2 pp. 242-254
- Avena sativa; Lupinus albus; Pennisetum glaucum; Raphanus sativus; Sorghum bicolor; acid detergent fiber; carbon; carbon nitrogen ratio; corn; cover crops; crop residues; crop rotation; fertilizer application; hemicellulose; neutral detergent fiber; nitrogen; nitrogen content; organic matter; phosphorus; planting; potassium; roots; shoots; soil properties; sowing
- ... The crop rotation is a practice to protect and improve the soil properties and an alternative to improve the quality of crop residues is the application of fertilizers at the planting of cover crops. Thus, we evaluated the effect of fertilization with nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium (NPK) on organic matter production and chemical composition of cover crops succeeding the corn crop. The treatmen ...
- Rezende, Gustavo M., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Revista brasileira de botânica 2017 v.40 no.3 pp. 681-693
- Achyrocline satureioides; Andropogon; Aristida; Schizachyrium; Stylosanthes capitata; Trachypogon; cerrado; direct seeding; ecosystems; forests; grasses; herbs; indigenous species; planting; savannas; seedlings; shrubs; soil; trees; Brazil
- ... The coexistence of grasses, herbs, shrubs and trees characterizes savannas; therefore, to restore such ecosystems one should consider re-introducing all these growth forms. Currently, little is known about field establishment of most “Cerrado” (Brazilian savanna) species that could be used for restoration purposes. Most knowledge on restoration is focused on planting seedlings of tree species from ...