Jump to Main Content
- Kundu, Anish
- Planta 2017 v.245 no.6 pp. 1069-1078
- Vanilla planifolia, etc ; biochemical pathways; biosynthesis; biotransformation; enzymatic reactions; enzymes; genes; glucosides; metabolic engineering; methylation; pods; vanillin; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... MAIN CONCLUSION : The present review compiles the up-to-date knowledge on vanillin biosynthesis in plant systems to focus principally on the enzymatic reactions of in planta vanillin biosynthetic pathway and to find out its impact and prospect in future research in this field. Vanillin, a very popular flavouring compound, is widely used throughout the world. The principal natural resource of vanil ...
- Baqueiro-Peña, Itzamná; Guerrero-Beltrán, José Ángel
- Journal of applied research on medicinal and aromatic plants 2017 v.6 pp. 1-9
- Vanilla planifolia, etc ; agricultural industry; applied research; chemical elements; cosmetics; essential oil crops; flavor; industrial byproducts; medicine; odors; pods; vanillin; wastes; Mexico; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Vanilla (Vanilla planifolia Andr.) is the only orquidacea grown for food purposes. This plant was a gift from Mexico to the world and for years has been used for various purposes. The pod of this crop in its green state does not have the aroma that characterizes it, is after the curing process that this appears, which can vary depending on the country and growing region. Once vanilla pods are cure ...