Jump to Main Content
- Klösch, Mario; Habersack, Helmut
- Geomorphology 2017 v.291 pp. 143-158
- ecological restoration, etc ; engineering; rivers; sediments; stream channels; watersheds; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... River engineering structures, such as bank protection or bed sills, act as constraints on the hydromorphology of rivers and limit morphodynamic processes. Accordingly, the deviations of a river's morphology from a natural reference condition have been attributed to the degree of artificiality in the observed river section and river restoration works mainly aimed at reducing artificial constraints ...
- Eschbach, David; Piasny, Guillaume; Schmitt, Laurent; Pfister, Laurent; Grussenmeyer, Pierre; Koehl, Mathieu; Skupinski, Grzegorz; Serradj, Abdelaziz
- Hydrological processes 2017 v.31 no.5 pp. 1113-1124
- ecological restoration, etc ; bedload; engineering; floodplains; geographic information systems; georeferencing; gravel; groundwater; remote sensing; rivers; France; Rhine River; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Ecohydrological processes are a key element to consider in functional river restorations. In the framework of a LIFE+ European restoration program, we have investigated the potential for airborne thermal‐infrared remote sensing to map surface water–groundwater exchanges and to identify their driving factors. We focused our attention on anastomosing channels on an artificial island of the Upper Rhi ...