Jump to Main Content
- Laermanns, Hannes; Kelterbaum, Daniel; May, Simon Matthias; Elashvili, Mikheil; Opitz, Stephan; Hülle, Daniela; Rölkens, Julian; Verheul, Jan; Riedesel, Svenja; Brückner, Helmut
- Quaternary International 2017
- alluvium, etc ; climatic factors; coasts; evolution; humans; landscapes; lowlands; peat; rivers; sea level; swamps; Black Sea; Caucasus region; Georgia; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The Kolkheti lowlands (Colchis, Colchian plain) form the central part of the extensive coastal lowlands along the Black Sea coast of Georgia. Situated between the Greater and the Lesser Caucasus, favourable climatic conditions resulted in a constant human occupation of the region during the Holocene. However, due to continued deltaic sedimentation and alluviation of the river Rioni, the configurat ...
- He, Shuran; Lu, Qin; Li, Wenyan; Ren, Zongling; Zhou, Zhen; Feng, Xiao; Zhang, Yulong; Li, Yongtao
- Chemosphere 2017 v.182 pp. 509-516
- alluvium, etc ; agricultural soils; cadmium; heavy metals; humans; land use; lead; limestone soils; organic matter; pH; paddy soils; pollution control; prediction; quartz; regression analysis; risk; rivers; sand; shale; soil parent materials; soil sampling; watersheds; China; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Labile metals in agricultural soils are available to crops and thus pose a great health risk for human beings. Therefore, factors influencing heavy metal activity are of interest to researchers. In this study, a total of 142 soil samples representing 5 typical parent materials in the Pearl River Basin (PRB), China were collected to investigate factors impacting the distribution of labile Cd and Pb ...