Jump to Main Content
- Musotto, Lorena Laura; Borromei, Ana María; Bianchinotti, María Virginia; Coronato, Andrea; Menounos, Brian; Osborn, Gerald; Marr, Robert
- Review of palaeobotany and palynology 2017 v.238 pp. 43-54
- Argentina, etc ; Alternaria; Gaeumannomyces; Gelasinospora; Glomus; Microthyriaceae; Nothofagus; ascospores; climate; coasts; forest communities; forest steppe; forests; fungi; herbivores; landscapes; microfossils; paleoclimatology; paleoecology; peatlands; pollen; trees; woodlands; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... We analyzed a peat-bog sequence from the central region of Tierra del Fuego, southernmost Patagonia, to reconstruct the environmental changes over the past 15,000years. Postglacial vegetation was mainly composed by grasslands and shrubby communities with sparsely distributed Nothofagus trees under dry conditions. The predominance of Glomus sp. and Gelasinospora sp. may also indicate less humid con ...
- Musotto, Lorena Laura; Borromei, Ana María; Bianchinotti, María Virginia; Coronato, Andrea
- Quaternary international 2017 v.442 pp. 13-25
- Argentina, etc ; Glomus; Microthyriaceae; Nothofagus; bogs; climate; ecosystems; epiphytes; forest steppe; forests; fungi; lakes; landscapes; multivariate analysis; paleoecology; palynology; peatlands; pollen; radiocarbon dating; shrubs; trees; wet environmental conditions; Andes region; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... This paper presents the main palaeoenvironmental results obtained from two sites located in the eastern (La Correntina peat bog) and southern (Terra Australis peat bog) sectors of the Lake Fagnano area, situated at 54° S on the Tierra del Fuego island, at the southernmost extreme of Patagonia. Here, we provide an overview of the postglacial ecosystem and vegetation dynamics on both slopes of the F ...