Jump to Main Content
- Overby, Steven T.; Gottfried, Gerald J.
- Forest ecology and management 2017 v.406 pp. 138-146
- Southwestern United States, etc ; equipment; snags; trees; carbon; Ips confusus; plateaus; woodlands; mastication; mineral soils; wildfires; pinyon-juniper; mortality; canopy; shrubs; nitrogen; organic horizons; fuels; shredding; stand basal area; bacteria; fungi; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Wildfire mitigation in Pinyon-Juniper woodlands in the Colorado Plateau region is a management priority. Two wildfire mitigation treatments, mastication and thin-pile-burn, are often chosen based on costs and availability of equipment, yet there are ecological concerns with either treatment. Ecological outcomes from additions of low quality organic residues following mastication can potentially al ...
- González, Eduardo; Sher, Anna A.; Anderson, Robert M.; Bay, Robin F.; Bean, Daniel W.; Bissonnete, Gabriel J.; Cooper, David J.; Dohrenwend, Kara; Eichhorst, Kim D.; El Waer, Hisham; Kennard, Deborah K.; Harms-Weissinger, Rebecca; Henry, Annie L.; Makarick, Lori J.; Ostoja, Steven M.; Reynolds, Lindsay V.; Robinson, W. Wright; Shafroth, Patrick B.; Tabacchi, Eric
- Biological conservation 2017 v.213 pp. 106-114
- Southwestern United States, etc ; Bassia scoparia; Bromus tectorum; Coleoptera; Rhaponticum repens; Salsola tragus; Tamarix; annuals; biological control; burning; canopy; defoliation; ecosystems; forbs; grasses; invasive species; noxious weeds; perennials; pesticide application; research institutions; rhizomes; rivers; saws; species diversity; trees; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Control of invasive species within ecosystems may induce secondary invasions of non-target invaders replacing the first alien. We used four plant species listed as noxious by local authorities in riparian systems to discern whether 1) the severity of these secondary invasions was related to the control method applied to the first alien; and 2) which species that were secondary invaders persisted o ...