Jump to Main Content
- Halpin, Corey R.; Lorimer, Craig G.; Hanson, Jacob J.; Palik, Brian J.
- Forest ecology and management 2017 v.400 pp. 677-691
- hardwood forests, etc ; canopy; clearcutting; cutting; dynamic models; habitat fragmentation; habitats; hardwood; long term effects; selection methods; shade tolerance; simulation models; species diversity; stand structure; trees; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The group selection method can potentially increase the proportion of shade-intolerant and midtolerant tree species in forests dominated by shade-tolerant species, but previous results have been variable, and concerns have been raised about possible effects on forest fragmentation and forest structure. Limited evidence is available on these issues for forests managed beyond the first cutting cycle ...
- Shao, Gang; Shao, Guofan; Gallion, Joey; Saunders, Michael R.; Frankenberger, Jane R.; Fei, Songlin
- Remote sensing of environment 2017
- hardwood forests, etc ; aboveground biomass; canopy; climate change; forest ecosystems; hardwood; mixed forests; regression analysis; remote sensing; softwood; statistical models; trees; variance; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Accurate quantification of forest aboveground biomass (AGB) is the foundation to the responses of diverse forest ecosystems to the changing climate. Lidar-based statistical models have been used to accurately estimate AGB in large spatial extents, especially in boreal and temperate softwood forest ecosystems. However, the few available models for temperate hardwood and hardwood-dominated mixed for ...