Jump to Main Content
- Milesi, Fernando A.; Guichón, María Laura; Monteverde, Martín J.; Piudo, Luciana; Sanguinetti, Javier
- Austral ecology 2017 v.42 no.6 pp. 711-722
- Araucaria araucana, etc ; Andes orthohantavirus; temperate forests; drought; habitats; trees; bamboos; ungulates; reproduction; males; carnivores; conifers; seed set; grasses; winter; introduced species; Chusquea culeou; granivores; birds; understory; surveys; spring; indigenous species; environmental impact; Oligoryzomys longicaudatus; rodents; Argentina; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... A simultaneous masting of two abundant species in the temperate forests of North‐West Argentinean Patagonia occurred in 2013 for the first time ever recorded: the semelparous bamboo grass Chusquea culeou (colihue), dominating the understory, flowered and set seed across 1100 km² while pehuén (Araucaria araucana), an endemic conifer co‐dominating the tree layer had the highest regionally synchroniz ...
- Szymañski, Carolina; Fontana, Gisela; Sanguinetti, Javier
- Austral ecology 2017 v.42 no.1 pp. 48-60
- Araucaria araucana, etc ; Nothofagus antarctica; Nothofagus pumilio; anthropogenic activities; biodiversity; branches; coarse woody debris; dieback; ecological resilience; fire frequency; fire history; forest ecosystems; forest types; fuelwood; grazing; humans; insects; landscapes; livestock; snags; topography; trees; watersheds; windthrow; Argentina; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Coarse woody debris (CWD) is an important element driving ecological processes, strengthening ecosystem resilience and for biodiversity within forest ecosystems. However, the abundance and distribution of CWD and their relation to natural and human factors are poorly known in southern South America. In this work we studied the density and volume of CWD types in Nothofagus–Araucaria stands in north ...