Jump to Main Content
- Schaffer, David V., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of virological methods 2017
- Adenoviridae; Dependovirus; Human immunodeficiency virus 1; T-lymphocytes; capsid; directed evolution; genetic vectors; genome; mutants; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; viruses
- ... A directed evolution approach was used to select for Adeno-associated virus (AAV) capsids that would exhibit more tropism toward an HIV-1 producer T cell line with the long-term goal of developing improved gene transfer vectors. A library of AAV variants was used to infect H9T cells previously infected or uninfected by HIV-1 followed by AAV amplification with wild-type adenovirus. Six rounds of bi ...
- Schaffer, David V., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Biomaterials 2017
- Parkinson disease; brain; cell viability; clinical trials; encapsulation; heparin; humans; hyaluronic acid; hydrogels; manufacturing; models; neurons; phenotype; rats; stem cells
- ... Cell replacement therapies have broad biomedical potential; however, low cell survival and poor functional integration post-transplantation are major hurdles that hamper clinical benefit. For example, following striatal transplantation of midbrain dopaminergic (mDA) neurons for the treatment of Parkinson's disease (PD), only 1–5% of the neurons typically survive in preclinical models and in clinic ...