Jump to Main Content
- DelValls, T. Ángel, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2017 v.338 pp. 466-471
- Corbicula fluminea; North Americans; acid mine drainage; bioaccumulation; clams; environmental monitoring; estuaries; freshwater; indicator species; oxidation; pollution; rare earth elements; risk; rivers; shale; sulfides; tissues; toxicity testing
- ... Lanthanide series have been used as a record of the water–rock interaction and work as a tool for identifying impacts of acid mine drainage (lixiviate residue derived from sulphide oxidation). The application of North-American Shale Composite-normalized rare earth elements patterns to these minority elements allows determining the origin of the contamination. In the current study, geochemical patt ...
- DelValls, T. Ángel, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2017 v.593-594 pp. 116-123
- adverse effects; bacteria; bacterial communities; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide enrichment; carbon sequestration; community structure; environmental assessment; fauna; monitoring; pH; risk; risk assessment; sediments
- ... Carbon capture and storage (CCS) is a viable option to reduce high concentrations of CO2 and mitigate their negative effects. This option has associated risks such as possible CO2 leakage from the storage sites. So far, negative effects deriving from a CO2 release have been reported for benthic macrofauna in both polluted and nonpolluted sediments. However, bacterial communities has no considered. ...