Jump to Main Content
- Wasaki, Jun, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant and soil 2017 v.414 no.1-2 pp. 327-338
- cultivars; inflorescences; inorganic phosphorus; plant organs; rice; landraces; developmental stages; shoots; acclimation; soil; grain yield; root growth; roots; leaves; crops
- ... AIMS: Phosphorus (P) acquisition through extensive root growth and P allocation to different plant organs through efficient remobilization are important for acclimation of crop plants to P-limited environments. This study elucidated changes in rice root growth and leaf P-remobilization and their influence on grain yield under P deficiency. METHODS: Two pot experiments were conducted with (P100) an ...
- WASAKI, JUN, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Experimental agriculture 2017 v.53 no.2 pp. 308-319
- Lupinus albus; acid soils; companion crops; exudation; intercropping; mixed cropping; models; phosphorus; rhizosphere; root growth
- ... The capability of some plant species to mobilize phosphorus (P) from poorly available soil P fractions can improve P availability for P-inefficient plant species in intercropping. White lupin (Lupinus albus) has been investigated as a model P-mobilizing plant for its capability of enhancing the P acquisition of neighbouring species under P-limited conditions. To date, investigations have led to co ...