Jump to Main Content
- Wnuk, Ewa; Walkiewicz, Anna; Bieganowski, Andrzej
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2017 v.24 no.32 pp. 25346-25354
- Cambisols, etc ; Gleysols; Podzols; greenhouse gases; heavy metals; lead; methane; methanotrophs; mineral soils; oxidation; soil water; soil water content; soil water potential; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Methane (CH₄) oxidation in soil reduces the concentration of this greenhouse gas due to the activity of methanotrophic bacteria. This process is influenced by chemical and physical parameters of soil. We tested the methanotrophic activity of selected mineral soils (Mollic Gleysol, Haplic Podzol, Eutric Cambisol) contaminated with lead (Pb) under different soil water potentials (pF 0; 2.2; 3.2). Th ...
- PubMed Central:
- Borowik, Agata; Wyszkowska, Jadwiga; Wyszkowski, Mirosław
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2017 v.24 no.31 pp. 24346-24363
- Cambisols, etc ; acid phosphatase; additives; alkaline phosphatase; arylsulfatase; beta-glucosidase; catalase; chemical composition; enzyme activity; fuels; loamy sand soils; oils; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; sandy loam soils; soil enzymes; soil microorganisms; soil pollution; spore-forming bacteria; urease; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... This study determined the susceptibility of cultured soil microorganisms to the effects of Ekodiesel Ultra fuel (DO), to the enzymatic activity of soil and to soil contamination with PAHs. Studies into the effects of any type of oil products on reactions taking place in soil are necessary as particular fuels not only differ in the chemical composition of oil products but also in the composition of ...
- PubMed Central: