Jump to Main Content
- Palchetti, Cecília Zanin; Paniz, Clóvis; de Carli, Eduardo; Marchioni, Dirce M.; Colli, Célia; Steluti, Josiane; Pfeiffer, Christine M.; Fazili, Zia; Guerra-Shinohara, Elvira Maria
- Journal of the American College of Nutrition 2017 v.36 no.7 pp. 572-578
- food fortification, etc ; adults; betaine; blood serum; choline; correlation; cross-sectional studies; flour; folic acid; food intake; fortified foods; homocysteine; males; methionine; moieties; nutrients; pyridoxine; vitamin B deficiency; vitamin B12; wheat; women; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Objective : To investigate the association between serum unmetabolized folic acid (UMFA) concentrations and folic acid from fortified foods and nutrients known as dietary methyl-group donors (folate, methionine, choline, betaine and vitamins B2, B6 and B12) in participants exposed to mandatory fortification of wheat and maize flours with folic acid. Methods : Cross-sectional study carried out with ...
- PubMed Central:
- Paul, Jean‐Yves; Khanna, Harjeet; Kleidon, Jennifer; Hoang, Phuong; Geijskes, Jason; Daniells, Jeff; Zaplin, Ella; Rosenberg, Yvonne; James, Anthony; Mlalazi, Bulukani; Deo, Pradeep; Arinaitwe, Geofrey; Namanya, Priver; Becker, Douglas; Tindamanyire, James; Tushemereirwe, Wilberforce; Harding, Robert; Dale, James
- Plant biotechnology journal 2017 v.15 no.4 pp. 520-532
- food fortification, etc ; aminocyclopropanecarboxylate oxidase; bananas; beta-carotene; biochemical pathways; biofortification; corn; fruiting; gene expression; genetically modified organisms; phenotype; phytoene synthase; public health; staple crops; transgenes; vitamin A; vitamin A deficiency; Australia; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Vitamin A deficiency remains one of the world's major public health problems despite food fortification and supplements strategies. Biofortification of staple crops with enhanced levels of pro‐vitamin A (PVA) offers a sustainable alternative strategy to both food fortification and supplementation. As a proof of concept, PVA‐biofortified transgenic Cavendish bananas were generated and field trialed ...
- PubMed Central: