Jump to Main Content
- Zainul, Abideen; KOYRO, Hans-Werner; HUCHZERMEYER, Bernhard; GUL, Bilquees; KHAN, M. Ajmal
- Pedosphere 2017
- bioenergy, etc ; Phragmites; biochar; biomass production; calcium; carbon dioxide; chlorophyll; clay; cobalt; energy; forage; gas exchange; gravel; growth performance; leaves; lignocellulose; magnesium; nutrient content; nutrient uptake; nutritional status; osmotic pressure; oxidative stress; photosynthesis; plant growth; potassium; sand; sandy clay soils; soil air; soil amendments; soil degradation; soil respiration; soil water; turgor; water holding capacity; water potential; water use efficiency; Show all 36 Subjects
- ... Soil water and nutrient status both are of major importance for the plant appearance and its growth performance. The objective of this research was therefore to study the effect of biochar (1.5% BC) and a biochar-compost mixture (1.5% BC + 1.5% Co) on the performance of Phragmites karka plants grown in a nutrient poor sandy clay (control, 50% sand 30% clay and 20% gravel) soil. The indicators of p ...
- Kataki, Sampriti; Hazarika, Samarendra; Baruah, D.C.
- Journal of environmental management 2017
- bioenergy, etc ; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Ipomoea; Vigna radiata; X-ray diffraction; ammonium nitrogen; anaerobic digestion; biochar; biomass; calcium; cattle manure; ecosystem services; electrical conductivity; elemental composition; energy conversion; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; feces; feedstocks; gasification; magnesium; mung beans; nutrients; organic fertilizers; phytotoxicity; potassium; quartz; rice; rice hulls; scanning electron microscopy; seed germination; sodium; Show all 31 Subjects
- ... Success and acceptability of the bio energy conversion technology to a large extent depend upon management of the inevitable by-products generated during the conversion process. By-products can be considered favourable as organic fertilizer as they retain nutrients with varying composition depending upon input biomass. However, characteristics of these heterogeneous resources with respect to feeds ...