Jump to Main Content
- Hansen, Birgitte, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental earth sciences 2017 v.76 no.13 pp. 447
- aquifers; atmospheric deposition; desorption; deuterium; dissolved organic carbon; drinking water; geochemistry; groundwater; humans; iodates; iodides; iodine; leaching; limestone; minerals; oxygen; saline water; sediments; soil; stable isotopes; Denmark
- ... Iodine in groundwater can have direct importance for human dietary iodine intake in areas where drinking water is of groundwater origin, as in Denmark. Knowledge on the sources and processes for the varying iodine concentrations in groundwater is of utmost importance for understanding the variation in iodine intake of the population via drinking water. The aim of this study was to characterize gro ...
- Hansen, Birgitte, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Environmental research 2017 v.154 pp. 318-324
- risk; water supply; cohort studies; arsenic; geographic information systems; confidence interval; tap water; lifestyle; myocardial infarction; Denmark
- ... Epidemiological studies have shown that intake of drinking water with high levels of arsenic (>100μg/L) is associated with risk for cardiovascular diseases, but studies on lower levels of arsenic show inconsistent results.The aim of this study was to investigate the relationship between exposure to low level arsenic in drinking water and risk of myocardial infarction in Denmark.From the Danish Die ...