Jump to Main Content
- Jian, Huimin, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Marine pollution bulletin 2017 v.119 no.1 pp. 381-389
- sediments; risk; copper; iron oxides; lead; arsenic; mercury; zinc; cadmium; regression analysis; risk assessment; pollution; nickel; industrialization; toxicity; chromium; urbanization; Yellow Sea; China
- ... The Bohai Sea (BS) and Yellow Sea (YS), which are adjacent to the most urbanized and industrialized areas in China, are facing a variety of environmental problems. Two cruises were conducted to investigate the pollution status of toxic metals in BS and YS sediments. They generally presented a decreasing trend from near shore to offshore. In addition, two high concentration areas were observed in t ...
- Jian, Huimin, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Chinese journal of oceanology and limnology 2017 v.35 no.5 pp. 1108-1116
- chlorophyll; estuaries; isotopes; mass transfer; mixing; nutrients; particulates; primary productivity; radionuclides; radium; river water; rivers; summer; surface water; winter
- ... Radium (Ra) isotopes are useful for tracing water mass transport and examining estuarine hydrological dynamics. In this study, several hydrological parameters, nutrients, chlorophyll-a (chl-a), suspended particulate matter (SPM) and Ra isotopes (²²³Ra, ²²⁴Ra and 226Ra) of surface waters of the Zhujiang (Pearl) River estuary (ZRE) were measured. This was done for both winter (December) and summer ( ...