Jump to Main Content
- Widdicombe, Stephen, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Marine environmental research 2017 v.129 pp. 133-146
- Amphipoda; benthic organisms; biomass; chlorophyll; detritivores; environmental factors; marine environment; phytoplankton; salinity; temporal variation; water temperature; English Channel
- ... The processes and patterns seen in coastal benthic communities can be strongly influenced by the overlying pelagic environmental conditions. Integrating long-term biological and environmental data (both benthic and pelagic) can give insight into the specific relationships between key benthic functional groups and natural temporal changes in the marine environment. The identity and abundance of amp ...
- Widdicombe, Stephen, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Fish and fisheries 2017 v.18 no.3 pp. 389-411
- bycatch; carbon; carbon dioxide; economic impact; employment; environmental impact; fish; greenhouse gas emissions; income; models; ocean acidification; ocean warming; primary productivity; shellfish; social impact; temperature; trophic relationships; England; Ireland; Scotland; Wales
- ... Assessments of the combined ecological impacts of ocean acidification and warming (OAW) and their social and economic consequences can help develop adaptive and responsive management strategies in the most sensitive regions. Here, available observational and experimental data, theoretical, and modelling approaches are combined to project and quantify potential effects of OAW on the future fisherie ...