Jump to Main Content
- Xiong, Xiong; Yu, Lejun; Yang, Wanneng; Liu, Meng; Jiang, Ni; Wu, Di; Chen, Guoxing; Xiong, Lizhong; Liu, Kede; Liu, Qian
- Plant methods 2017 v.13 no.1 pp. 7
- Brassica napus var. napus, etc ; biomass; breeding; canopy; crop management; discriminant analysis; environmental factors; genomics; image analysis; leaf area; leaves; phenotype; photosynthesis; seedlings; solar radiation; support vector machines; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The fitness of the rape leaf is closely related to its biomass and photosynthesis. The study of leaf traits is significant for improving rape leaf production and optimizing crop management. Canopy structure and individual leaf traits are the major indicators of quality during the rape seedling stage. Differences in canopy structure reflect the influence of environmental factors such as ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kamal, Mohd. Mostofa; Savocchia, Sandra; Lindbeck, Kurt D.; Ash, Gavin J.
- Plant gene 2017 v.11 pp. 23-30
- Brassica napus var. napus, etc ; Bacillus cereus; Sclerotinia sclerotiorum; antifungal properties; bacteria; biological control; biological control agents; canola; genes; hyphae; iturin; marker-assisted selection; melanization; metabolites; mycelium; organelles; polymerase chain reaction; rhizosphere; ribosomal RNA; scanning electron microscopy; sclerotia; sequence analysis; stem rot; surfactin; transmission electron microscopy; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... A marker-assisted approach was adopted to search for Bacillus spp. with potential as biocontrol agents against stem rot disease of canola caused by Sclerotinia sclerotiorum. Bacterial strains were isolated from the rhizosphere of canola and screened using multiplex PCR for the presence of surfactin, iturin A and bacillomycin D peptide synthetase biosynthetic genes. Among the 96 isolates screened, ...