Jump to Main Content
- Schaffer, Mario, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Grundwasser 2017 v.22 no.2 pp. 127-133
- calcium; centrifugation; fluorescence; iron; pH; tracer techniques
- ... Water sample preservation and pre-treatment are important steps for achieving accurate and reproductive results from tracer tests. However, this is particularly challenging for complex water mixtures prior to fluorescence analysis. In this study, the interference of iron and calcium precipitation with nine commonly applied conservative tracers, uranine, eosin, 1‑naphthalene sulfonate, 1,5-naphthal ...
- Schaffer, Mario, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of hydrology 2017
- aquifers; cations; chemical structure; fluorescence; heat transfer; inorganic ions; organic compounds; salinity; sorption; surface area; temperature; tracer techniques
- ... Based on the assumption that the specific surface area to volume ratio Asurf/V of consolidated rock materials is proportional to the surface area available for sorption, several inorganic cations were recently proposed as sorbing (cation exchanging) tracers for estimating these ratios in aquifers (e.g., for deriving the efficient heat exchange area of geothermal reservoirs). The main disadvantages ...