Jump to Main Content
- Swedlund, Peter J., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Aquatic geochemistry 2017 v.23 no.1 pp. 21-31
- Raman spectroscopy; adsorption; coprecipitation; ferrihydrite; geochemistry; infrared spectroscopy; iron oxides; polymerization; silicates; silicic acid; trace elements; weathering
- ... The aquatic geochemistry of many trace elements is influenced by two important products from the weathering of minerals: iron oxide solid phases and silicic acid (H₄SiO₄) in the aqueous phase. The chemistry of H₄SiO₄ on iron oxide surfaces is an interesting mix of sorption and polymerization, and this has been shown to affect the sorption, coprecipitation and transport of many trace elements. Infr ...
- Swedlund, Peter J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food bioscience 2017 v.20 pp. 88-95
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; biopolymers; confocal laser scanning microscopy; fish; gel strength; gelatin; gelation; hardness; kappa carrageenan; melting point; modulus of elasticity; separation; sulfates
- ... Physical and rheological properties of fish gelatin (FG) (5%, w/v) gel containing κ-carrageenan (CG) at different levels (0%, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% of total solid) were studied. Gel strength and hardness of FG/CG mixed gel increased with increasing CG content, while springiness of mixed gel decreased when CG was higher than 25% (P < 0.05). Rheological measurements revealed that the value of elast ...