Jump to Main Content
- Boucard, Laure, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Langmuir 2017 v.33 no.38 pp. 9740-9749
- bitumen; crystallization; crystals; emulsions; rheology; sodium hydroxide; viscosity
- ... We study the kinetics of bitumen emulsion destabilization after the addition of sodium hydroxide (NaOH) using macroscopic observations and rheology. Destabilization occurs in a two-step process: first, emulsion flocculates, forming a percolated network of contacting drops, and then coalescence provokes the irreversible connection of bitumen drops, leading to a bitumen continuous network that furth ...
- Boucard, Joanna, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2017 v.9 no.16 pp. 14242-14257
- cell viability; coatings; cytotoxicity; electrolytes; fluorescence; fluorescence microscopy; hydrophobicity; image analysis; iron oxides; magnetic resonance imaging; mesothelioma; nanoparticles; neoplasm cells; phosphorous acid; polymerization; polymers
- ... Controlling the interactions of functional nanostructures with water and biological media represents high challenges in the field of bioimaging applications. Large contrast at low doses, high colloidal stability in physiological conditions, the absence of cell cytotoxicity, and efficient cell internalization represent strong additional needs. To achieve such requirements, we report on high-payload ...