Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Jih-Jung; Liao, Hsiang-Ruei; Chen, Keh-Shaw; Cheng, Ming-Jen; Shu, Chih-Wen; Sung, Ping-Jyun; Lim, Yun-Ping; Wang, Tai-Chi; Kuo, Wen-Lung
- Chemistry of natural compounds 2017 v.53 no.1 pp. 40-43
- Alpinia zerumbet, etc ; chemistry; inhibitory concentration 50; quercetin; rhizomes; superoxide anion; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... A new 2H-pyran-2-one derivative, 4-hydroxy-6-(4-methoxyphenethyl)-2H-pyran-2-one (1), together with four known compounds, 5,6-dehydrokawain (2), dihydro-5,6-dehydrokawain (3), (E)-labda-8(17),12-diene-15,16-dial (4), and quercetin (5) were isolated from the rhizomes of Alpinia zerumbet. (E)-Labda-8(17),12-diene-15,16-dial (4) and quercetin (5) exhibited potent inhibition, with IC₅₀ values of 3.18 ...
- Junior, Walter A. Roman; Gomes, Denise B.; Zanchet, Barbara; Schönell, Amanda P.; Diel, Kriptsan A.P.; Banzato, Thais P.; Ruiz, Ana L.T.G.; Carvalho, João E.; Neppel, Angelita; Barison, Andersson; Santos, Cid Aimbiré M.
- Revista Brasileira de Farmacognosia 2017 v.27 no.5 pp. 592-598
- Alpinia zerumbet, etc ; antineoplastic agents; breast neoplasms; cell proliferation; chemical composition; humans; hypertension; indigestion; kaempferol; leaves; leukemia; lung neoplasms; methylene chloride; neoplasm cells; phytopharmaceuticals; purification methods; Brazil; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Natural products are a major source of drugs for the treatment of cancer. The species Alpinia zerumbet (Pers.) B.L. Burtt & R.M. Sm, Zingiberaceae, is widely distributed in Brazil where it is known as “colônia”. The leaves are commonly used in the treatment of hypertension and dyspepsia, however, the effects of A. zerumbet extracts and isolated substances on human cancer cells remain to be elucida ...