Jump to Main Content
- Bachtiar, Erik Valentine, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Holzforschung 2017 v.71 no.12 pp. 985-990
- cherries; energy; hardwood; walnuts
- ... Two specimen types, each from walnut and cherry wood, were prepared for tangential-radial (TR) and radial-tangential (RT) crack propagation systems at 65% of RH and 20°C before mode I and mode II fracture toughness was determined through Arcan tests. It was found that fracture toughness in mode I is in agreement with literature data. In the mode II test, however, the crack propagated in the direct ...
- Bachtiar, Erik Valentine, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- European journal of wood and wood products 2017 v.75 no.6 pp. 927-938
- Cunninghamia lanceolata; elasticity (mechanics); models; modulus of elasticity; strength (mechanics); water content; wood
- ... Elastic and strength properties are very important material characteristics in mechanical modelling. Due to the anisotropic and hygroscopic nature of wood, a characterization of wood mechanical behavior will require knowledge of its moisture-dependent properties in relation to the three principal axes of anisotropy. The influence of moisture content (MC) on the elastic and strength anisotropy of C ...