Jump to Main Content
- Bailey, Richard M., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Sustainability science 2017 v.12 no.5 pp. 829-848
- case studies; employment; environmental stewardship; fisheries; food security; harvesting; human development; income; risk; sustainability science and engineering; sustainable development; South Africa
- ... The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) represents the first globally agreed framework to address human development and environmental stewardship in an integrated way. One approach to summarising national SDG status is our “barometer for inclusive sustainable development in South Africa”. The barometer downscales global social and planetary boundaries to provide status and trends for 20 critical ...
- PubMed Central:
- Bailey, Richard M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Geomorphology 2017 v.280 pp. 108-121
- arid lands; coasts; data collection; landscapes; models; prediction; sand; sediment transport; space and time; time series analysis; turbulent flow; wind speed; Namibia
- ... Knowledge of the changing rate of sediment flux in space and time is essential for quantifying surface erosion and deposition in desert landscapes. Whilst many aeolian studies have relied on time-averaged parameters such as wind velocity (U) and wind shear velocity (u⁎) to determine sediment flux, there is increasing field evidence that high-frequency turbulence is an important driving force behin ...