Jump to Main Content
- Blasdell, Kim R., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Veterinary microbiology 2017 v.207 pp. 7-12
- Akabane virus; Shuni virus; antibodies; blood serum; cattle; fetal death; goats; neutralization tests; risk; serological surveys; seroprevalence; serotypes; sheep; viruses; yaks; China; Japan; Korean Peninsula
- ... Akabane virus (AKAV) is a member of the Simbu serogroup, classified in the genus Orthobunyavirus, family Bunyaviridae. AKAV infection can cause abortion, stillbirth, and congenital arthrogryposis and hydranencephaly in cattle and sheep. The distribution and prevalence of AKAV infection in China is still unknown. A total of 2731 sera collected from 2006 to 2015 in 24 provinces of China from cattle, ...
- Blasdell, Kim R., et al. Show all 73 Authors
- Archives of virology 2017 v.162 no.8 pp. 2493-2504
- Pneumovirus; Respirovirus; new species; viruses
- ... In 2017, the order Mononegavirales was expanded by the inclusion of a total of 69 novel species. Five new rhabdovirus genera and one new nyamivirus genus were established to harbor 41 of these species, whereas the remaining new species were assigned to already established genera. Furthermore, non-Latinized binomial species names replaced all paramyxovirus and pneumovirus species names, thereby acc ...
- PubMed Central: