Jump to Main Content
- Bohn, Martin O., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.38 pp. 8311-8318
- Zea mays; dent corn; fatty acids; genetic improvement; germplasm; hybrids; parents; phenolic acids; phytopharmaceuticals; protein content; tocopherols; United States
- ... Although previous studies have examined the concentration of various nutritional compounds in maize, little focus has been devoted to the study of commercial maize hybrids or their inbred parents. In this study, a genetically and phenotypically diverse set of maize hybrids and inbreds relevant to U.S. commercial maize germplasm was evaluated for its variability in phytochemical content. Total prot ...
- Bohn, Martin O., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biosystems engineering 2017 v.164 pp. 171-180
- automation; computer vision; corn; corn ears; phenotype; seeds
- ... In synchrony with the overall trend toward automation in plant phenotyping, two semi-automatic machine vision methods were devised targeted at counting maize kernels directly on de-husked ears. The ears represented row morphologies ranging from straight to curved, they featured missing kernels, underdeveloped kernels, and broken kernels, but displayed no disease or mould.The first method mimicked ...