Jump to Main Content
- Brynda-Kopytowska, Anna, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Food and bioprocess technology 2017 v.10 no.7 pp. 1374-1386
- cohesion; dextrins; emulsions; functional properties; humidity; linseed oil; lipid content; microencapsulation; oxidation; oxidative stability; pea protein; powders; refrigeration; silica; soluble fiber; soy protein isolate; spray drying; temperature; trehalose; vacuum packaging; wheat
- ... The objective of this study was to evaluate the potential of double wall material combinations, using legume protein (soy protein isolate and pea protein isolate) in combination with wheat dextrin soluble fiber or trehalose, as alternative materials for microencapsulation of flaxseed oil by spray drying. The obtained preparations, with oil content of 35%, were fine and difficult flowing powders, r ...
- Brynda-Kopytowska, Anna, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food hydrocolloids 2017 v.73 pp. 335-343
- experimental design; hydrocolloids; inulin; lipid content; models; oils; peas; powders; rapeseed; relative humidity; soluble fiber; spray drying; total solids; trehalose; water activity; water content; water vapor
- ... The objectives of this study were to: (1) determine the critical relative humidity (RHc) using DVS ramping for spray-dried fat-filled pea protein-based powders formulated with different types of soluble fiber as a carbohydrate component and different oil types, and (2) compare the RHc values to the monolayer coverage values obtained via DVS water vapor isotherm, as well as the MDSC Tg values. The ...