Jump to Main Content
- Cesarz, Simone, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant and soil 2017 v.419 no.1-2 pp. 189-199
- ecosystems; grasslands; microbial activity; microbial biomass; nitrogen; nitrogen content; organic carbon; plant communities; soil microorganisms; soil quality; soil water; soil water content; species diversity
- ... AIMS: Recent studies in experimental grasslands indicated that declining plant species diversity negatively affects soil microbial communities. Here, we assessed if plant diversity effects also occur in “real-world” grasslands. METHODS: We studied the influence of fertilization, soil, and plant community characteristics on soil microbial activity (microbial biomass carbon, basal respiration) in 12 ...
- Cesarz, Simone, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Oecologia 2017 v.184 no.3 pp. 715-728
- Nematoda; climate change; drought; ecological function; flooded conditions; floods; grasslands; indicator species; plant parasitic nematodes; soil; soil food webs; soil nematodes; species diversity; summer; terrestrial ecosystems; trophic levels
- ... The magnitude and frequency of extreme weather events are predicted to increase in the future due to ongoing climate change. In particular, floods and droughts resulting from climate change are thought to alter the ecosystem functions and stability. However, knowledge of the effects of these weather events on soil fauna is scarce, although they are key towards functioning of terrestrial ecosystems ...