Jump to Main Content
- Epand, Richard M., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Langmuir 2017 v.33 no.48 pp. 13882-13891
- asymmetry; calorimetry; cyclodextrins; energy; engineering; hydrophobicity; light scattering; metabolism; models; phosphatidylcholines; solubility; solubilization; thermodynamics; titration
- ... The low aqueous solubility of phospholipids makes necessary the use of lipid carriers in studies ranging from lipid traffic and metabolism to the engineering of model membranes bearing lipid transverse asymmetry. One particular lipid carrier that has proven to be particularly useful is methyl-β-cyclodextrin (MβCD). To assess the interaction of MβCD with structurally different phospholipids, the pr ...
- Epand, Richard M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biochemistry 2017 v.56 no.9 pp. 1337-1347
- affinity chromatography; biosynthesis; circular dichroism spectroscopy; diacylglycerol kinase; diacylglycerols; epilepsy; freezing; genes; glycerol; heart diseases; heat; hemolytic uremic syndrome; humans; nickel; phosphorylation; proteins; thawing
- ... Diacylglycerol kinase ε (DGKε) catalyzes the phosphorylation of diacylglycerol, producing phosphatidic acid. DGKε demonstrates exquisite specificity for the acyl chains of diacylglycerol. This contributes to the enrichment of particular acyl chains within the lipids of the phosphatidylinositol cycle. Phosphatidylinositol is highly enriched with 1-stearoyl-2-arachidonoyl, which is important for mai ...