Jump to Main Content
- Fortin, J. P., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1156 pp. 277-282
- aeration; drainage; fruit quality; fruit yield; growing media; protected cultivation; root growth; sand; strawberries; vegetative growth; Ontario
- ... Cultivation of strawberries in artificial substrates has the potential to increase yield, fruit quality, and reduce the disease pressure substantially. Also, selecting the appropriate substrate is a key factor that affects production in protected cultivation of strawberries. Trials were established at the Simcoe Research Station, Ontario, Canada, to compare different substrates. In the first trial ...
- Fortin, J. André, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Mycorrhiza 2017 v.27 no.1 pp. 13-22
- Burkholderia phenazinium; Rahnella; Rhizobium; bacteria; biofilm; cell viability; exopolysaccharides; fluorescein diacetate; gentian violet; gluconic acid; hydrolysis; hydroxyapatite; hyphae; mycorrhizal fungi; pH; phosphorus; plankton; rock phosphate; roots; scanning electron microscopy; solubilization; Quebec
- ... Biofilm formation on abiotic and biotic surfaces was studied with two hyphobacteria, strongly attached to the surface of the arbuscular mycorrhizal fungus (AMF) Rhizoglomus irregulare (Ri) DAOM 197198 and two mycorrhizobacteria, loosely attached to the roots of different mycorrhizal plants. When the sparingly soluble igneous phosphate rock (PR) from Quebec, or when the chemical hydroxyapatite were ...
- PubMed Central: