Jump to Main Content
- Funderburk, Joe, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- TheFlorida entomologist 2017 v.100 no.2 pp. 495-497
- Asystasia gangetica; Thripidae; adults; eggplants; flowers; geographical distribution; tomatoes; Florida
- ... The African thrips Ceratothripoides brunneus Bagnall (Thysanoptera: Thripidae) is reported for the first time from North America, collected from flowers of Asystasia gangetica (L.) T. Anderson (Acanthaceae) in Miami-Dade County, Florida. The affinity of C. brunneus for solanaceous plants in other regions of the world suggests that future detection in Florida commercial tomato, pepper, and eggplant ...
- Funderburk, Joe, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- TheFlorida entomologist 2017 v.100 no.3 pp. 509-514
- Codiaeum variegatum; Thripidae; adults; genes; hosts; internal transcribed spacers; larvae; leaves; mitochondria; ornamental plants; quarantine; ribosomal DNA; ribosomal RNA; type collections; Costa Rica; Florida
- ... Frequent US port of entry quarantine interceptions of unidentifiable larval Leucothrips (Thysanoptera: Thripidae) species in association with Codiaeum variegatum (L.) Rumph. ex A. Juss. (Euphorbiaceae) ornamental plants from Costa Rica, initiated research to determine if these thrips were an invasive threat to US agriculture. Larval and adult Leucothrips were collected from the new growth leaves o ...