Jump to Main Content
- Futaki, Shiroh, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Chemical communications 2017 v.53 no.96 pp. 12930-12933
- Escherichia coli; RNA; chemical compounds; chemical reactions; enzyme activity; methyltransferases; screening
- ... We found that Escherichia coli MazF toxin, an ACA-sequence-specific endoribonuclease, was sensitive to N⁶-methyladenosine (m6A), representing the first m6A-sensitive RNA cleavage enzyme. The methyl-sensitivity of MazF allowed simple analyses of both m6A demethylase and methyltransferase activity. Furthermore, the approach could be used for inhibitor screening. ...
- Futaki, Shiroh, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Tetrahedron 2017
- chemical reactions; chemical structure; dyes; fluorescence; image analysis; organic compounds; solubility; wavelengths
- ... New V-shaped xanthene dyes 3–6 containing piperidino groups at the resonance sites on their skeletons were constructed as second-generation V-shaped dyes and their functions were investigated. The non-symmetric compound 5 had higher solubility and gave a higher fluorescence quantum yield and longer emission wavelength compared with those of previously reported V-shaped xanthene dyes with hydroxyl ...