Jump to Main Content
- Garrick, Ryan C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Insect conservation and diversity 2017 v.10 no.4 pp. 331-340
- DNA; Lucanus elaphus; Tachinidae; adults; conservation status; cytochrome-c oxidase; dead wood; edge effects; environmental factors; floodplains; genes; haplotypes; larvae; lowland forests; males; mitochondria; models; niches; nucleotide sequences; sex ratio; traps; wood; Europe; Georgia; Mississippi
- ... Little is known about the biology or conservation status of Lucanus elaphus Fabricius in North America despite well‐documented declines of a related species, Lucanus cervus (L.), in Europe. This study provides information critical to developing conservation plans for L. elaphus including the species’ larval substrate requirements, genetic data and range‐wide estimates of habitat suitability. In Mi ...
- Garrick, Ryan C., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of biogeography 2017 v.44 no.7 pp. 1500-1511
- Blattabacterium; Cryptocercus darwini; Cryptocercus punctulatus; biogeography; endosymbionts; insects; intergenic DNA; landscapes; mitochondrial genes; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; screening; sequence diversity; symbiosis; topography; topology; Appalachian region; United States
- ... AIM: We analysed data from an insect host (Cryptocercus punctulatus) and its maternally‐inherited obligate bacterial endosymbiont (Blattabacterium cuenoti str. punctulatus) to address the following: (1) to what extent do these species exhibit cophylogenetic structure, (2) do the spatial‐genetic structures of these species differ, and (3) what is the relative importance of codivergence versus other ...