Jump to Main Content
- Giorgi, Filippo, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Climate dynamics 2017 v.49 no.1-2 pp. 547-561
- basins; climate models; convection; hurricanes; model validation; wind; Atlantic Ocean; Central America
- ... The sensitivity of simulated tropical cyclones (TCs) to resolution, convection scheme and ocean surface flux parameterization is investigated with a regional climate model (RegCM4) over the CORDEX Central America domain, including the Tropical North Atlantic (TNA) and Eastern Tropical Pacific (ETP) basins. Simulations for the TC seasons of the ten-year period (1989–1998) driven by ERA-Interim rean ...
- Giorgi, Filippo, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Climate dynamics 2017 v.48 no.5-6 pp. 1503-1516
- climate models; monsoon season; physics; summer; Western Africa
- ... In this study, the latest version of the International Centre for Theoretical Physics Regional Climate Model (RegCM4) driven by three CMIP5 Global Climate Models (GCMs) is used at 25 km grid spacing over West Africa to investigate the impact of lateral boundary forcings on the simulation of monsoon precipitation and its relationship with regional circulation features. We find that the RegCM4 exper ...