Jump to Main Content
- Kato, Ryuichi, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2017
- X-radiation; humans; hydrogen bonding; hydrophobic bonding; immune system; lectins; mutants; proteinases; thermal stability
- ... Galectin-9 (G9) is a tandem-repeat type β-galactoside-specific animal lectin having N-terminal and C-terminal carbohydrate recognition domains (N-CRD and C-CRD, respectively) joined by a linker peptide that is involved in the immune system. G9 is divalent in glycan binding, and structural information about the spatial arrangement of the two CRDs is very important for elucidating its biological fun ...
- Kato, Ryuichi, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2017 v.123 no.4 pp. 437-443
- Escherichia coli; NAD (coenzyme); NADH dehydrogenase; acetic acid; biochemical pathways; fermentation; gene deletion; glucose; microbial physiology; mutants; pyruvate dehydrogenase (lipoamide); pyruvic acid; transcription factors
- ... Pyruvate dehydrogenase complex regulator (PdhR) is a transcriptional regulator that negatively regulates formation of pyruvate dehydrogenase complex (PDHc), NADH dehydrogenase (NDH)-2, and cytochrome bo3 oxidase in Escherichia coli. To investigate the effects of a PdhR defect on glucose metabolism, a pdhR deletion mutant was derived from the wild-type E. coli W1485 strain by λ Red-mediated recombi ...