Jump to Main Content
- Kim, Ju Hyeon, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Genomics 2017
- Apis mellifera; aggression; brood rearing; gene overexpression; genes; honey bee colonies; malnutrition; neurons; physiology; protein degradation; transcriptome; worker honey bees
- ... Perturbation of normal behaviors in honey bee colonies by any external factor can immediately reduce the colony's capacity for brood rearing, which can eventually lead to colony collapse. To investigate the effects of brood-rearing suppression on the biology of honey bee workers, gene-set enrichment analysis of the transcriptomes of worker bees with or without suppressed brood rearing was performe ...
- Kim, Ju Hyeon, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2017 v.9 no.42 pp. 37201-37209
- Raman spectroscopy; contact angle; droplets; evaporation; hydrophobicity
- ... Droplet-guiding superhydrophobic SERS substrates are created by a combinatorial lithographic technique. Photolithography defines the pattern of a micropillar array with a radial density gradient, whereas colloidal lithography features a nanotip array on the top surface of each micropillar. The nanotip array renders the surface superhydrophobic, and the pattern of micropillars endows the radial gra ...