Jump to Main Content
- Klancnik, Anja, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of environmental science and health 2017 v.52 no.8 pp. 570-576
- Escherichia coli; antibiotic resistance; antibiotics; bacteria; biofilm; chicken meat; chickens; food chain; food contact surfaces; food industry; genetic resistance; humans; public health; risk; virulence; wildlife; Czech Republic
- ... Attachment of pathogenic bacteria to food contact surfaces and the subsequent biofilm formation represent a serious threat for the food industry, since these bacteria are more resistant to antimicrobials or possess more virulence factors. The main aim of this study was to investigate the correlation between antibiotic resistance against 13 antibiotics, distribution of 10 virulence factors and biof ...
- Klančnik, Anja, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Phytotherapy research 2017 v.31 no.12 pp. 1971-1976
- Gram-negative bacteria; Pleurotus ostreatus; adhesion; bioactive compounds; food chain; microbial contamination; molecular weight; mushrooms; polystyrenes
- ... Mushrooms represent promising sources of novel bioactive compounds and can be applied as innovative strategies to control microbial contamination and infection via the food chain. We characterized aqueous extracts from 21 wild basidiomycete mushrooms and the cultivated oyster mushroom, Pleurotus ostreatus, as putative sources of antimicrobial and antiadhesive compounds. Broth microdilutions and ad ...