Jump to Main Content
- Klepadlo, Mariola, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Molecular breeding 2017 v.37 no.1 pp. 10
- Glycine max; Soybean mosaic virus; breeding; chromosome mapping; crop yield; crops; genes; genetic markers; genetic resistance; genotype; germplasm; loci; phenotype; rapid methods; screening; seed quality; single nucleotide polymorphism; soybeans; viruses
- ... Soybean mosaic virus (SMV) causes a substantial decrease in soybean yield and reduction of seed quality. The most effective management strategy to control the virus is the deployment of host resistance. Seven SMV strains and three independent multi-allelic loci for SMV resistance have been identified previously. The goal of this research was to detect single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) associa ...
- Klepadlo, Mariola, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Plant breeding 2017 v.136 no.5 pp. 710-719
- Glycine max; abiotic stress; cultivars; death; developmental stages; flooding tolerance; genotype; germplasm; grain yield; screening; soybeans; survival rate; variance
- ... Flooding is an abiotic stress that causes considerable reductions in crop growth and yield worldwide. Soybean (Glycine max [L.] Merr.) cultivars are generally sensitive to flooding stress. The objective of this study was to develop an effective flooding tolerance screening method in the field. A total of 40 soybean genotypes were evaluated for flooding tolerance at V5 and R1 growth stages. At each ...