Jump to Main Content
- Maliepaard, Chris, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Briefings in bioinformatics 2017 v.19 no.3 pp. 387-403
- algorithms; animals; diploidy; genetic analysis; genetic variation; genome; genomics; haplotypes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; inheritance (genetics); models; potatoes; single nucleotide polymorphism; tetraploidy
- ... Haplotypes are the units of inheritance in an organism, and many genetic analyses depend on their precise determination. Methods for haplotyping single individuals use the phasing information available in next-generation sequencing reads, by matching overlapping single-nucleotide polymorphisms while penalizing post hoc nucleotide corrections made. Haplotyping diploids is relatively easy, but the c ...
- Maliepaard, Chris, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2017 v.130 no.12 pp. 2527-2541
- Chrysanthemum; Lactuca sativa; alleles; chromosome mapping; genotyping; haplotypes; hexaploidy; lettuce; linkage groups; loci; phenotype; progeny; quantitative trait loci; single nucleotide polymorphism
- ... KEY MESSAGE : We constructed the first integrated genetic linkage map in a polysomic hexaploid. This enabled us to estimate inheritance of parental haplotypes in the offspring and detect multi-allelic QTL. Construction and use of linkage maps are challenging in hexaploids with polysomic inheritance. Full map integration requires calculations of recombination frequency between markers with complex ...
- PubMed Central:
- Maliepaard, Chris, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- The plant journal 2017 v.90 no.2 pp. 330-343
- Fragaria vesca; Rosa; allopolyploidy; autotetraploidy; chromosome mapping; chromosome pairing; chromosomes; genotype; genotyping; hybrids; meiosis; models; nucleotide sequences; single nucleotide polymorphism; strawberries
- ... It has long been recognised that polyploid species do not always neatly fall into the categories of auto‐ or allopolyploid, leading to the term ‘segmental allopolyploid’ to describe everything in between. The meiotic behaviour of such intermediate species is not fully understood, nor is there consensus as to how to model their inheritance patterns. In this study we used a tetraploid cut rose (Rosa ...