Jump to Main Content
- Midha, Vinay Kumar, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- The journal of the Textile Institute 2017 v.108 no.9 pp. 1496-1503
- abrasion resistance; empirical models; fabrics; tensile strength; yarns
- ... In injected slub yarn, tensile and abrasion resistance are particularly very important parameters affecting its process performance and end-use. In single base injected slub yarn structure, slubs are developed by injecting fibres from outer side of the yarn with the sequence of untwisting base yarn followed by re-twisting after injecting the fibres. The tensile properties and abrasion resistance o ...
- Midha, Vinay, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- The journal of the Textile Institute 2017 v.108 no.1 pp. 71-77
- air; cotton; denim; drying; evaporation; hydrophobicity; laundry; permeability; polyesters; sweat; washing; water vapor; yarns
- ... The physiological comfort determined by air permeability and moisture management properties of fabrics is influenced by various constructional parameters of the fabric which give woven fabric a porous structure. Evaporation of sweat during wear has the potential to cool the body besides restricting the additional weight of sweat being absorbed by the fabric. In this study, comfort characteristics ...