Jump to Main Content
- Morrone, Lucia, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food chemistry 2017 v.224 pp. 78-85
- Olea europaea; certification; clones; cultivars; extra-virgin olive oil; fatty acid composition; genetic variation; olives; phenotype; sensory evaluation; sensory properties; Italy
- ... The olive species (Olea europaea L.) is characterized by significant phenotypic and genetic variability the genetic matrix has a strong influence on several important extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) chemical components. Four clones from cultivars autochthonous of the Emilia Romagna region were selected for their notable performance in terms of agronomical characteristics, and the quality of the oliv ...
- Morrone, Lucia, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2017 v.97 no.5 pp. 1443-1450
- absorption; acidity; analysis of variance; bitterness; crushing; extra-virgin olive oil; olives; particle size; pastes; peroxide value; polyphenols; prices; ripening; scanning electron microscopes; seeds; sensory evaluation; texture
- ... BACKGROUND: In this study, two types of crusher, hammer and blade, were used to produce olive oils from cv. Correggiolo olives at four stages of ripeness, to analyse the effect of these two factors on oil quality indices (free acidity, peroxide value, UV absorption), on phenolic compounds content and sensory profiles. Differences in chemical and sensory data were analysed by two‐way ANOVA. RESULTS ...