Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: nunes?
- Núñez, Montserrat, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Ecosystem services 2017
- Helianthus annuus; cassava; corn; crop models; crop production; ecosystem services; environmental impact; farmers; fertilizers; irrigation; life cycle impact assessment; product life cycle; rapeseed; soil; soil erosion; soybeans; subsistence farming; sugarcane; wheat
- ... We derived spatially explicit erosion rates in kg of soil lost per kg of crop as a function of crop choice and management practice on a global scale. These so called characterization factors can be used in product life cycle assessment studies to determine the environmental impact crop cultivation causes. We used biophysical crop model EPIC to determine management type specific yields and erosion ...
- Núñez, Montserrat, et al. Show all 20 Authors
- Ecological indicators 2017 v.72 pp. 352-359
- environmental impact; environmental indicators; freshwater; life cycle assessment; public services and goods; water footprint; water shortages
- ... Water footprinting has emerged as an important approach to assess water use related effects from consumption of goods and services. Assessment methods are proposed by two different communities, the Water Footprint Network (WFN) and the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) community. The proposed methods are broadly similar and encompass both the computation of water use and its impacts, but differ in commu ...