Jump to Main Content
- Neuhauser, Stefanie, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of equine veterinary science 2017 v.56 pp. 56-62
- centrifugation; female genitalia; insemination; pregnancy outcome; pregnancy rate; semen extenders; seminal plasma; spermatozoa; stallions; transportation; uterus
- ... Reducing seminal plasma (SP) is essential in stallion semen preservation; however, SP has an important role in sperm fertility as well as sperm protection and transportation in the female genital tract. In the present study, semen storage at high concentrations and low volumes and the effect of SP added immediately before insemination, volume, and deposition (corpus or uterine horn) of the insemin ...
- Neuhauser, Stefanie, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of equine veterinary science 2017 v.49 pp. 25-30
- cell viability; centrifugation; female genitalia; industry; insemination; semen extenders; seminal plasma; sperm motility; spermatozoa; stallions
- ... Insemination with chilled transported semen has become distinctly important in the horse-breeding industry. To ensure cell survival during cooled storage, semen is diluted with an appropriate extender and the concentration of seminal plasma (SP) is reduced. Nevertheless, SP plays an important immunomodulatory role in the female genital tract and supports sperm fertility. The aim of the present stu ...