Jump to Main Content
- Nizzetto, Luca, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2017
- acesulfame potassium; acetaminophen; agricultural land; antibiotics; aquatic environment; autotrophs; bacteria; caffeine; chronic exposure; effluents; food additives; freshwater; personal care products; saccharin; ships; sulfamethoxazole; surface water; terbuthylazine; toxicity; Mediterranean Sea
- ... Pollution by chemical substances is of concern for the maintenance of healthy and sustainable aquatic environments. While the occurrence and fate of numerous emerging contaminants, especially pharmaceuticals, is well documented in freshwater, their occurrence and behavior in coastal and marine waters is much less studied and understood. This study investigates the occurrence of 58 chemicals in the ...
- Nizzetto, Luca, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Chemosphere 2017
- sampling; methanol; salinity; sorbents; high performance liquid chromatography; aquatic environment; tandem mass spectrometry; seawater; pH; sulfonic acids; perfluorocarbons; brackish water; solid phase extraction
- ... Some per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFASs) have been detected ubiquitously in the environment. Owing to the polar character conferred by the presence of the carboxylic or sulfonic acid groups and their resistance to degradation, aquatic environments became their major reservoirs, including marine waters. The procedure of PFAS analysis in aqueous matrices consists usually of solid-phase extra ...