Jump to Main Content
- Pau, Stephanie, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Pacific science 2017 v.71 no.2 pp. 117-133
- C3 plants; C4 plants; altitude; atmospheric precipitation; cluster analysis; fine roots; functional diversity; grasses; grasslands; indigenous species; introduced plants; nitrogen; photosynthesis; prediction; soil water; temperature
- ... C₃ and C₄ plants are often reported to differ in functional traits and resource-use strategies, whereas nonnative plants may differ from native plants in functional traits, leading to different resource-use strategies that facilitate their invasion. In this study, we compared root functional traits of native and nonnative C₃ and C₄ grasses with the prediction that different resource acquisition st ...
- Pau, Stephanie, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Ecological modelling 2017 v.363 pp. 192-206
- Bayesian theory; Lygodium microphyllum; biogeography; climate; ecosystems; geographical distribution; geostatistics; global warming; invasive species; models; prediction; risk; temperature
- ... Species distribution modeling aimed at forecasting the spread of invasive species under projected global warming offers land managers an important tool for assessing future ecological risk and for prioritizing management actions. The current study applies Bayesian inference and newly available geostatistical tools to forecast global range expansion for the ecosystem altering invasive climbing fern ...