Jump to Main Content
- Pineda, Eduardo, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biodiversity and conservation 2017 v.26 no.11 pp. 2569-2589
- amphibians; cattle; ecosystems; environmental factors; fauna; forest restoration; functional diversity; habitat fragmentation; land use; microclimate; microhabitats; moieties; pastures; species diversity; tropical montane cloud forests; vegetation structure; Mexico
- ... Tropical forest restoration is increasingly seen as an activity that may counteract or reduce biodiversity loss. However, few studies monitor fauna or consider measures of functional diversity to assess restoration success. We assessed the effect of a tropical montane forest restoration program on species and functional diversity, using amphibians as the target group. We compared amphibian assembl ...
- Pineda, Eduardo, et al. Show all 19 Authors
- Biodiversity and conservation 2017 v.26 no.12 pp. 2993-2998
- Anthropocene epoch; analytical methods; environmental degradation; functional diversity; graphs; nestedness; phylogeny; species diversity
- ... Quantifying biodiversity patterns in the context of human-caused environmental degradation is a fundamental task to improve conservation strategies; yet, it can be difficult given the rapid increase of available analytical methods. To guide studies on the topic, in this brief essay we present four approaches, accompanied by empirical examples, that can be used to accurately assess the impact of hu ...