Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: pinno?
- Pinnow, David L., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Euphytica 2017 v.213 no.10 pp. 230
- Cowpea mosaic virus; USDA; Vigna unguiculata; cowpeas; cultivars; feeds; forage; genetic markers; genetic resistance; genome-wide association study; genotyping by sequencing; germplasm; hypersensitive response; linear models; marker-assisted selection; plant breeding; single nucleotide polymorphism
- ... Cowpea [Vigna unguiculata (L.) Walp.] is an important legume crop, widely grown in Africa, South America, South Asia, Southeast Asia, and the southern United States. Cowpea is consumed as both fresh vegetable and dry grain, and as an animal feed and fodder, and it is a major dietary protein source that complements cereal-based diet. Cowpea mosaic virus (CPMV) causes a severe yield loss of cowpea i ...
- Pinnow, David, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Austin Food Science 2017 v.2 no.1 pp. 1030
- amino acid composition; bamboo shoots; bamboos; boron; calcium; crude protein; dry season; gardens; geographical variation; germplasm conservation; growers; growing season; harvest date; histidine; iron; leaves; leucine; manganese; minerals; nutrient content; nutritive value; potassium; proline; tryptophan; wet season; zinc; Georgia; Puerto Rico
- ... Bamboo shoots and leaves are nutritious, providing food for human and animal consumption. However their nutrient value depends on a number of factors including the bamboo species (e.g. taxon), harvesting season and growing location. Leaf crude protein content, amino acid composition and mineral element concentration were quantified from leaf samples collected from 222 accessions representing two b ...