Jump to Main Content
- Collazo, Cyrelys; Abadías, Maribel; Colás-Medà, Pilar; Iglesias, María Belén; Granado-Serrano, Ana Belén; Serrano, José; Viñas, Inmaculada
- International journal of food microbiology 2017 v.262 pp. 55-62
- Pseudomonas graminis, etc ; Listeria monocytogenes; adhesion; antagonists; antimicrobial properties; bacteria; correlation; digestion; epithelial cells; food matrix; food pathogens; fresh-cut produce; gastrointestinal system; human cell lines; humans; inoculum; pears; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... To further gain insight into the mechanism by which the biopreservative bacterium Pseudomonas graminis CPA-7 develops its antimicrobial activity, we have examined the effect that the prior interaction stablished by this bacterium and two foodborne pathogens on fresh-cut pear, has on their capacity to colonize human epithelial cells (Caco-2 cell line) which is crucial for establishing infection. CP ...
- Collazo, Cyrelys; Abadias, Maribel; Aguiló-Aguayo, Ingrid; Alegre, Isabel; Chenoll, Empar; Viñas, Inmaculada
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2017 v.85 pp. 301-308
- Pseudomonas graminis, etc ; Escherichia coli O157; Listeria monocytogenes; Salmonella enterica; alginates; antagonists; bacteria; biofilm; biological control; biological control agents; biosurfactants; carboxylic acids; culture media; food pathogens; fresh-cut produce; hydrophobicity; in vitro studies; mechanism of action; melons; metabolites; nutrient content; polystyrenes; proteolysis; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... The present study was aimed at gaining insight into the mode of action of the antagonistic bacteria Pseudomonas graminis CPA-7, which has been previously identified as an effective biocontrol agent against Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella enterica and Escherichia coli O157:H7 on fresh-cut fruit. In vitro experiments did not reveal any antimicrobial or proteolytic activity on solid media or any b ...