Jump to Main Content
- Qiu, Zhi-Gang, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Journal of microbiological methods 2017 v.139 pp. 143-149
- bacteria; bacteriophages; drug resistance; pH; silica gel; temperature; water quality; watersheds; China
- ... Bacteriophages are widely used to the treatment of drug-resistant bacteria and the improvement of food safety through bacterial lysis. However, the limited investigations on bacteriophage restrict their further application. In this study, a novel and highly efficient method was developed for isolating bacteriophage from water based on the electropositive silica gel particles (ESPs) method. To opti ...
- Qiu, Zhi-Gang, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Environmental science 2017 v.19 no.5 pp. 720-726
- Escherichia coli; bacteria; disinfectants; drinking water; enzyme substrates; fermentation; lactose; microbiological quality; microfiltration; risk; waterborne diseases
- ... Underestimation of Escherichia coli in drinking water, an indicator microorganism of sanitary risk, may result in potential risks of waterborne diseases. However, the detection of disinfectant-injured or genetically modified (GM) E. coli has been largely overlooked so far. To evaluate the accuracy of culture-dependent enumeration with regard to disinfectant-injured and GM E. coli, chlorine- or ozo ...