Jump to Main Content
- Rehman, Hafiz Mamoon, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biochemical systematics and ecology 2017 v.71 pp. 87-96
- Glycine soja; alleles; center of diversity; ex situ conservation; genetic markers; genetic variation; geographical distribution; habitats; islands; leaf area; leaves; loci; microsatellite repeats; phylogeny; phylogeography; population structure; soybeans; Korean Peninsula
- ... Korea is considered one of the centers of genetic diversity for cultivated as well as wild soybeans. Natural habitats of wild soybeans are distributed across the Korean mainland and the islands surrounding the Korean peninsula. In this study, the genetic diversity of 100 mainland Korean wild soybean accessions was evaluated by using 42 simple sequence repeat markers covering 17 soybean chromosomes ...
- Rehman, Hafiz Mamoon, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of plant physiology 2017 v.215 pp. 163-175
- Arabidopsis; biosynthesis; cellulose; cellulose synthase; chromosomes; data collection; developmental stages; genes; hemicellulose; microsatellite repeats; models; phylogeny; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; seed development; sequence analysis; soybeans
- ... The plant cellulose synthase gene superfamily belongs to the category of type-2 glycosyltransferases, and is involved in cellulose and hemicellulose biosynthesis. These enzymes are vital for maintaining cell-wall structural integrity throughout plant life. Here, we identified 78 putative cellulose synthases (CS) in the soybean genome. Phylogenetic analysis against 40 reference Arabidopsis CS genes ...